Porsche Engineering Services, s.r.o., a daughter company of Porsche Engineering Group GmbH (PEG), is specialized in software development, electronics integration, electronics design and complex technical calculations. We cover a wide range of development activities and know-how in our locations Prague (since 2001) and Ostrava (since 2018). Our main areas of expertise embrace electric mobility, car connectivity systems and advanced driver assistance systems. These activities contribute significantly to the improvements of safety and economy of future vehicles. An integral part of the Porsche Engineering Group philosophy is international collaboration.
Functional Safety Specialist (f/m) Ostrava
- As a Functional Safety Specialist for automotive systems, you will shape the state-of-the-art safety concepts. You will guide the development teams to implement safety measures in innovative high-end electronic systems across the vehicle, regardless of the V-Model scope (vehicle, system, software or hardware level). You will be part of an international team, aligned with the latest trends in the automotive system safety field.
How will you shape the system safety with us?
- You will be responsible for the management of functional safety according to ISO 26262 / IEC 61508 for one or more items, including planning, organization of activities and regular reporting (creation and agreement of the safety plan, reporting/escalation, conclusion of the safe case, preparation of release recommendations).
- You will moderate hazard analyses and risk assessments (HARA, HAZOP) as well as further safety analyses (FMEA, FTA) for electronic systems (chassis systems, ADAS, battery systems, etc.).
- You will execute impact analyses and reviews of carry-over projects, tailoring of processes and definition of changes, e. g. modification of safety concepts, re-agreement and refinement of requirements.
- You will be responsible for the management of safety requirements throughout the whole safety lifecycle.
- You will monitor suppliers in the context of Functional Safety, i.e. scope agreement, DIA, self-assessment rating, review of work products and processes.
- You will support and perform safety assessments.
- You will prepare of test plans and specifications based on criteria resulting from the safety concepts.
- You will support and/or review hardware and software safety integrity in accordance to ISO 26262-5 and ISO 26262-6.
- You will communicate with the project teams to consolidate information necessary to create item definitions, safety concepts, etc.
- You will supervise junior safety engineers.
What experience and expertise are the best fit for the position?
- Degree with technical focus in Information Technologies, Automotive Engineering, Control Engineering or in a relevant related field
- Strong knowledge of Functional Safety, i.e. ISO 26262, IEC 61508 or other related standards
- You have 3+ years of practical experience as responsible for the implementation of Functional Safety, according to ISO 26262, IEC 61508 or other related standards
- You have experience with failure analysis methodologies, i.e. FMEA, FTA, FMEDA, etc.
- Very good command of English language (writen and spoken), German is an advantage
- Previous experience in the field of automotive electronics, e.g. control units, buses, communication interfaces and protocols, diagnosis, AUTOSAR, etc. is considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge of SOTIF (ISO/PAS 21448) is an advantage
- Experience with V-model development and software quality management (ASPICE) is an advantage
- You are enthusiastic about learning, modern technologies and cars. You are able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national team. You can assume responsibilities without a constant supervision. You have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- You are willing to travel (as required by the projects)
- Pleasant informal working environment, where we pass on experience and knowledge to each other. You will work with people who are passionate about their work
- Various educational courses and trainings as well as sharing knowledge working atmosphere
- Work on very interesting projects, within which you can move professionally, both technically as well as in soft skills as you will work in a team
- Kitchenette with all equipment and a pleasant sitting area for coffee breaks or lunch breaks
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days per a year and home office is also possible
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of planning compensatory time off in advance
- Possibility of working full-time or part-time
- Possibility of obtaining an annual performance bonus
- Sport allowance to MultiSport card, catering allowance (meal vouchers) and contribution to your pension insurance
- Since we are located in Prague and Ostrava, there are also corporate and team events so that we can all meet
- As part of the projects, you can also look forward to business trips abroad
Information about the vacancy
Technologická 375/3, 708 00 Ostrava-Pustkovec, Czech Republic
Full-time work, part-time work
Type of employment
Duration of employment
Bonuses, cell phone, notebook, contributions to the pension / life insurance, flexible start/end of working hours, meal tickets / catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure, sick days, occasional work from home, corporate events, opportunity to work up hours, foreign business trips
German (intermediate), English (intermediate)
Porsche Engineering Services, s.r.o.
ContactPorsche Engineering Services, s.r.o.